Regional & State Health Education Programs
We work with you to develop print and web materials and dissemination strategies for health education campaigns. We also evaluate such campaigns.
• Healthy Steps in Silicon Valley
• California Parents Kit Evaluation
• Biomonitoring Communications
Medicare, Medicaid, & Commercial Health Plans
We develop easy-to-read information on the complex Medicaid and Medicare systems. We have also developed a series of general guides to managed care. To develop these guides, we work closely with government agencies, health plans, their members, and many consumer assistance groups.
• Medi-Cal Access Project
• California’s HMO Guide for Seniors
• Office of the Patient Advocate Website Project
HRA worked with First 5 California and hundreds of parents and professionals to develop guides for new parents in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese. We partnered with Arizona, Pennsylvania, Alabama, and Kentucky to customize similar guides for these states.
• Arizona Parents Guide
• Every Step Counts Parents Guide (Pennsylvania)
Easy-to-Read Wellness Guides
HRA worked with thousands of consumers to find out what health and wellness meant to them and how they wanted to receive information. We developed a guide model that has been replicated internationally. Our guides:
• Focus on useful information and practical tips for action.
• Focus on the importance of family and community support and resources.
• Use language that is simple and direct, at an 8th grade or lower reading level.
• Use engaging, respectful pictures that convey important/practical information or action tips.
• Advancing Whyalla (Austrailia)
• Dialog Gesundheit ("Dialog Health") Switzerland