- Our Services
- Research & Projects
- News & Awards
- About HRA
- Contact Us
skip to nav skip to content
Americans need good information, on exercise, parenting, health care, and many other issues. We help you develop large-scale multi-media campaigns based on best practices in health communication.
Our tools include interviews, focus groups, usability testing, and surveys to design and evaluate communication programs for diverse audiences in multiple languages.
We work with you to develop print and web materials and dissemination strategies for health education campaigns. We also evaluate such campaigns.
• Healthy Steps in Silicon Valley
• California Parents Kit Evaluation
• Biomonitoring Communications
We develop easy-to-read information on the complex Medicaid and Medicare systems. We have also developed a series of general guides to managed care. To develop these guides, we work closely with government agencies, health plans, their members, and many consumer assistance groups.
• Medi-Cal Access Project
• California’s HMO Guide for Seniors
• Office of the Patient Advocate Website Project
HRA worked with First 5 California and hundreds of parents and professionals to develop guides for new parents in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese. We partnered with Arizona, Pennsylvania, Alabama, and Kentucky to customize similar guides for these states.
• Arizona Parents Guide
• Every Step Counts Parents Guide (Pennsylvania)
HRA worked with thousands of consumers to find out what health and wellness meant to them and how they wanted to receive information. We developed a guide model that has been replicated internationally. Our guides:
• Focus on useful information and practical tips for action.
• Focus on the importance of family and community support and resources.
• Use language that is simple and direct, at an 8th grade or lower reading level.
• Use engaging, respectful pictures that convey important/practical information or action tips.
• Advancing Whyalla (Austrailia)
• Dialog Gesundheit ("Dialog Health") Switzerland